Here is a completed room with a list below on how we designed this room from scratch.
Photography by Emily Jenkins Followill
1. Take detailed measurements and photos.
2. Assess the clients needs, likes, dislikes and evaluate how the room will function. This would be an “adult space” for conversation and entertaining.
3. Find or create an inspiration piece. We wanted to incorporate modern, original art and had this 60″ x 60″ poly resin canvas commissioned to include abstract navy, turquoise and chartreuse.
4. Create a seating area.
5. Anchor the space and add softness.
A fluffy area rug custom sized to fit beneath the furniture and add warmth underfoot.
6. Add an etagere for cocktail supplies and decorative accessories (not seen in photo above).
7. Create a “wow” factor with this amazing open geometric cube chandelier.
8. Add a mirror to open up the space and create a beautiful reflection of the chandelier.
9. Have a rendering of the room created for the client.
10. Present the design to the client and look at the before photo:
11. Wait for the client to say “yes, we’ll take it” – place orders and wait for a happy reveal in 6-8 weeks!