We are very excited to announce that we are re-branding here at Kandrac & Kole. What that means is that we are shaking it up and creating a new logo, different brand colors, a completely new website and some new design offerings. One of them is referred to as e-design, which we will explain in depth.
As a business, for 14 years, we have worked on hundreds of residential and commercial projects mainly doing what we refer to as “full-service” design.
2. OUR PROCESS
1. Consultation – An important first meeting – this is where we gain information regarding a client’s likes/dislikes, budget, how rooms should function, and overall scope of the work. We ask a lot of questions, as well as measure, sketch and photograph the spaces.
2. Design Proposal – Once a scope of work has been developed, we outline details for each space in our design contract. Each space is assigned a flat fee based on the scope and estimated time it will take to design.
3. Design Presentation – This is the day we present all selections. Each and every selection is carefully chosen to create a custom, functional and well-curated space. We discuss the reasons the items were selected and how they all work together and provide samples to touch and feel.
4. Line Item Budget – This includes pricing for each item and will include tax and freight. In other words, no surprises.
3. WHAT IS INCLUDED IN FULL SERVICE DESIGN (OUR TURNKEY SERVICE)
1. Space plan and to scale rendering
2. Paint color selection
3. Floor coverings
4. Lighting selection
6. Soft furnishings – window treatments, pillows, bedding
1. Order placement using software specifically for interior design.
2. Management and expediting of items going to our receiving warehouse.
3. Clear communication throughout the project.
4. Management of fabrication for custom pieces such as furniture, window treatments and soft goods.
5. Coordinating professional delivery team and installers.
6. Stylizing for a happy reveal!
5. DESIGN FOR A DAY
A. A program that is basically a 4-hour concierge service we tackle anything request. Designing a room from A-Z, selecting a full interior or exterior color palette, helping with a family gallery wall, anything that is challenging to a client. Included are all the things necessary for the client to do it themselves at their own pace. We are at the client’s home from 10 am to 2 pm and the cost is $1,500.
i. We provide the client with a keynote, link list and floor plan
ii. Help from local contractors if needed
iii. Custom window treatments, if applicable.
what is e-design and why are we offering it? – It is basically interior design services offered online. this is designed for clients who may be in our area but more geared towards out of town clients who would like to have a home curated by Kandrac & Kole and either can’t afford full service, have trouble creating a space plan or putting things together and need a nudge in the right direction. They get our design expertise and creative vision in an accessible and affordable platform.
6. E-DESIGN STEPS
1. Correspondence will be done via phone, email or skype.
2. Take measurements and photographs of your space (we will guide you on how to measure)
3. Send us links of inspiration photos – Houzz and Pinterest to give us a feel for what you like
4. We prepare the design (approximately a 3-4 week turnaround).
5. We will email you a complete design package which includes a floor plan, mood boards, paint selections and a thorough and organized shopping list of online retailers with clickable links and all the steps you need to put the room together.
7. THE WINNER OF OUR VIRTUAL E-DESIGN GIVEAWAY
Jennifer Baldwin, a busy physician and mom of two teens from California told us she needs help with her living room. It has good bones, great natural light and a beautiful view, it just needs Kandrac & Kole’s professional touch! Her biggest challenges are finding a focal point with windows all around and how to find an area rug that does not compete with the herringbone wood floor.
Congratulations Jennifer – we will be in touch!!