As we continue our discussion about the design, marketing and unique qualities of vacation rental properties we are very excited to have Jeff Hylton here with us today to talk about his unique vacation rental.
We found the “ARK ON LAKE LANIER” while doing research for a previous podcast and were so impressed with their facility and story, we wanted to share it with all of you!
The Ark on Lake Lanier is a family owned business and ministry that began operating as a vacation rental in June of 2013.
THE STORY OF THE ARK:
- How did you even know where to begin when furnishing a 12,000 square foot home of this size? Who was responsible for the furnishings and design?
- What furnishings have stood the test of time? What has not?
- Your have several rave reviews and many say that the bedrooms were spacious and comfortable. With 14 bedrooms that can sleep 45 guests, do you use any special bedding or sheeting?
- I saw a white chair in the “living space”. Is it a Sunbrella fabric? How has it held up?
- Your website is very informative and detailed. Have you had to re-photograph any spaces that have been updated?
- When did you embrace social media? How has it helped you?
- We know from personal experience that it takes a lot to constantly engage on social media. Do you do that yourself or does someone on your staff handle it?
- It’s obvious from your website that you give back to several organizations and ministries. Was that always a goal?
- Do you have any sage advice for someone wanting to get into the vacation rental business?